Postdoctoral Fellow in Signal Processing of EEG/MEG Data
The MEG group in Moscow, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of Cognitive Neuroscience. The position is focused on time-resolved neuroimaging techniques, most importantly electro- and magnetoencephalography (EEG, MEG), as well as electrocorticography (ECoG).
About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, while also being recognized globally.
For instance, we were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centres and over 50 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of signal processing, machine learning, neurophysiology or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Candidates should have a solid mathematical background, advanced programming skills and strong interest in neurophysiology and cognitive neuroscience, experiences in EEG/MEG analysis, excellent communication and team-working skills, enthusiasm and great commitment to research;
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
- Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Dr. Tommaso Fedele (Assistant Professor at the Institute for Cognitive Neuroscience)
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working on MEG group research projects such as:
- dynamic characterization of the epileptic network
- high-frequency oscillations in MEG/stereo EEG data
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience;
- participation in the events of the Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience and other contribution to the MEG group’s development;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
The Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience offers access to its database, necessary hardware, software resources and office facilities.
The postholder will join the newly established MEG group at the ICN and will work under the supervision of Dr. Tommaso Fedele. The group has direct access to an Elekta Neuromag Vectorview 306-channel MEG system, BrainProducts 128-channel actiCHamp EEG system as well as various EEG, tDCS, TMS, eye-tracking, behavioural and other set-ups and associated equipment. The position is research-oriented and implies only a minimum teaching load. The Institute offers cutting-edge research infrastructure, international academic environment, thriving collaborative atmosphere, access to research funding and support, and bright student population. It is located in a beautiful area in central Moscow, a cosmopolitan city with rich cultural and social life.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via an online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is February 14, 2021.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship - Frequently Asked Questions
- about HSE university – official web-site
- about the Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience – official web-site of the Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience or contact Victoria Moiseeva directly
- about international specialists' life in Moscow - International Faculty Support page
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.