Postdoctoral Fellow in Social Network Analysis and Computational Social Science
International Laboratory for Applied Network Research in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of application of statistical methods in Network Analysis, the study of network dynamics in time, analysis of interactions in scientific collectives, organizations, social movements, and informal groups, spread of information and analysis of individuals' behavior in media and online social networks.
About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, while also being recognized globally.
For instance, we were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centres and over 50 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of Statistics, Mathematics, Political Science, Sociology or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Candidates should have a strong background in statistics, ability to work in group and conduct own research in relevant to statistics or social science field.
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
- Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
- working under the direct supervision of prof. Valentina Kuskova, Ph.D Management & Decision Sciences, Head of International Laboratory for Applied Network Research.
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working on ANR-Lab research projects such as:
- Effectiveness Evaluation
- Market Analytics and Forecasting
- Hidden Typology & Community Detection
- Correspondence Analysis of Multirelational Multilevel Networks
- Polynomial Transformation
- Establishing Measurement Invariance in Cross-cultural Context
- Nation-States and Networks in International Relations: Effectiveness Evaluation and Change Prediction
- Social Movements and Civil Participation
- Effectiveness of Public Policy Change
- Scientific Networks and Intellectuals: Social Impact and Global Outcomes
- Environmental Affairs and Global Governance
- Bibliometric Analysis of Scientific Networks
- Dissemination of Ideas, Beliefs and Behavior
- Analysis of the Networks of Soviet and Russian Sociologists
- Blockmodeling for the Analysis of Social Structures
- Involvement in Social Networks as a Factor in the Success of Entrepreneurs in Overcoming Business Project Failures
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of International Laboratory for Applied Network Research;
- participation in the events of the International Laboratory for Applied Network Research and other contribution to the ANR-Lab’s development;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
- Appointments are made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
- HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
- International Laboratory for Applied Network Research offers access to its databases and analytical software, as well as technical equipment and scientific community.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via the online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is February 14, 2021.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship - Frequently Asked Questions
- about HSE university – official web-site
- about the International Laboratory for Applied Network Research – official web-site of the ANR-Lab or contact manager Olga Roslyakova (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly
- about international specialists' life in Moscow - International Faculty Support page
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.