Postdoctoral Fellow in Education
The Higher School of Economics Laboratory for Universities Development in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of Education. We welcome motivated scholars with academic background in different disciplines and with strong interest in higher education research.
We mainly promote three long-term research projects under the supervision of leading international scholars:
- CONTRIBUTION OF HIGHER EDUCATION TO INDIVIDUALS AND SOCIETY: A COMPREHENSIVE ACCOUNTING
- EFFICIENCY, PERFORMANCE AND IMPACT OF HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS
- INEQUALITY IN HIGHER EDUCATION: HIGH PARTICIPATION, DIVERSITY AND THE STATE
About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, while also being recognized globally.
For instance, we were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centers and over 30 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
- Ph.D. degree in sociology, economics, political science preferred ·Strong background in conceptual and empirical work (preferably in economics or in sociology of education);
- Strong analytical skills, high level of quantitative research skills is preferable;
- Ability to carry out research to meet standards of high-ranked academic journals.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Prof. Daria Platonova.
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on Laboratory for Universities Development research projects:
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Laboratory for Universities Development
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Laboratory’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are normally made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan; a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via an online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring Laboratory for Universities Development may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is February 9, 2020.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship - Frequently Asked Questions
- about HSE university – official web-site
- about the Laboratory for Universities Development – official web-site of the Laboratory or contact Daria Platonova directly
- about international specialists' life in Moscow - International Faculty Support page
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.