Postdoctoral Fellow in the field of Global Economy
School of World Economy in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of global economy. We are looking for an early-career scholar who has a strong research record and is intended to study key areas of world economy, in particular, global governance, global inequality, international trade, resource and environmental problems. Researchers are invited to make academic research as well as to teach.
About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, while also being recognized globally.
For instance, we were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centres and over 50 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Recent PhD in Economics or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Good communication skills,
- Independent and reliable way of working;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Experience with data collection and processing;
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
- Ability to carry out research using Stata/R/SPSS/similar software to meet standards of academic journals;
- Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
- Working in the research group with Prof. Igor A. Makarov, Head of School of World Economy;
- Opportunity to cooperate with the School faculty;
- Successful candidates are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with the ongoing research;
- Writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with School of World Economy researchers;
- Participation in the events of the School of World Economy and other contribution to the School’s development and promotion;
- Public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
- Teaching is encouraged though not required.
- Appointments are normally made for one year (from September 2021). Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
- HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
- The School of World Economy supports research by providing access to conferences and events, research assistantship, and access to HSE library with a broad collection of academic journals.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via the online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring center may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is February 14, 2021.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship - Frequently Asked Questions
- about HSE university – official web-site
- about the School of World Economy – official web-site of the School
- about international specialists' life in Moscow - International Faculty Support page
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.