Postdoctoral Fellow in Mathematical Methods for Quantum Information and Quantum Control Technologies
About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, while also being recognized globally.
For instance, we were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centres and over 50 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in such fields as: mathematics, applied mathematics, or computer science, which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Candidates should have a strong background in quantum information, quantum computing, quantum theory of open systems, solid knowledge of numerical methods, proved skills in scientific programming, relevant experience is an asset although not required;
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required
The position involves:
- Working under the supervision of Elena R. Loubenets, Professor, School of Applied Mathematics
- Participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with collaboration with his/her supervisor
- Writing research papers for international high-impact peer-reviewed journals in collaboration with the members of the Department
- Participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Department’s development
- Public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- Some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via the online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is February 14, 2021.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship - Frequently Asked Questions
- about HSE university – official web-site
- about the School of Applied Mathematics – official web-site or contact Elena Loubenets directly
- about international specialists' life in Moscow - International Faculty Support page
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.