Postdoctoral Fellow in Neuroeconomics
The Neuroeconomics Group
Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience
The Neuroeconomics Group of Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of decision making and social neurobiology.
About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, while also being recognized globally.
For instance, we were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centres and over 30 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of neuroscience, psychology, economics or applied mathematics or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Candidates should have a strong background in fMRI and/or MEG/and/or multi-channel EEG/MEG/ and/or TMS recordings and data analysis, ability to work in team and conduct research in collaboration with other members of the Group and colleagues of Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience;
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
- Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Prof. Vasily Klucharev and/or Prof. Iiro Jaaskelainen (Aalto University);
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working on the group Group of Neuroeconomics research projects in collaboration with the newly established group of Social Neurobiology such as:
- Social neurobiology. Influence of narratives on risk taking and trust. Neurobiology of fake news. Cross-cultural aspects of decision making and taking risk.
- Neuroeconomics and social influence, including neuroscience of persuasion, third party punishment, parochial behaviour etc.;
- Computational Modelling of decision making.
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience;
- participation in the events of the Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience and other contribution to the Neuroeconomics group development;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are normally made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
The Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience offers access to multi-channel EEG, navigated TMS-EEG, behavioral, eye-tracking equipment, MEG, fMRI
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via an online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory/centre/department may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is February 9, 2020.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship - Frequently Asked Questions
- about HSE university – official web-site
- about the Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience or the Group of Neuroeconomics of the Centre for Cognition and Decision Making – visit official web-sites or contact Anna Shestakova directly
- about international specialists' life in Moscow - International Faculty Support page
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.