Postdoctoral Fellow in Neuroimaging and Brain-Computer Interfaces
Center for Bioelectric Interfaces
Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience
The Higher School of Economics Center for Bioelectric Interfaces in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of neuroimaging and brain-computer interface technology.
About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, while also being recognized globally.
For instance, we were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centres and over 30 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of neuroscience, electrical engineering, computer science, bioemedical engineering, physics or applied mathematics or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Candidates should have a strong background in Digital Signal Processing, MEG/and/or multi-channel EEG/MEG/ recordings and data analysis, Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning, ability to work in a team and conduct research in collaboration with other members of the Center and colleagues of Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience;
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
- Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Prof. Alexei Ossadtchi and Dr. Mikhail Lebedev;
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working on the Center for Bioelectric Interfaces research projects such as:
- Bidirectional ECoG-based BCI in collaboration with our clinical partner
- Non-invasive motor imagery BCI for rehabilitation needs
- Advanced electromyographic interfaces with tactile feedback
- Zero-lag neurofeedback
- EcoG-base inverse problem
- Passive mapping of eloquent cortex
- Synchrony tolerant adaptive beamforming for MEG inverse problem and connectivity analysis
- Non-invasive MEG-based connectivity analysis
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience;
- participation in the events of the Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience and other contribution to the Center for Bioelectric Interfaces development;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are normally made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
Center for Bioelectric interfaces provides access to the patients implanted with ECoG microgrids and stereo-EEG electrodes, PC-controlled miostimulator, powerful computing facilities, wireless EEG and EMG equipment, motion tracking, multiple multi-channel EEG, navigated TMS-EEG, behavioral, eye-tracking equipment, MEG, fMRI facilities https://www.hse.ru/en/cdm-centre/facilities https://bioelectric.hse.ru/en/equipment
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via an online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring department may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is February 9, 2020.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship - Frequently Asked Questions
- about HSE university – official web-site
- about the Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience - visit official web-site
- about the Center for Bioelectric Interfaces – visit official web-site or contact Alexei Ossadtchi directly
- about international specialists' life in Moscow - International Faculty Support page
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.