Mathematical Methods for Quantum Information and Quantum Control Technologies (School of Applied Mathematics, Moscow Institute of Electronics and Mathematics)
The Higher School of Economics School of Applied Mathematics in Moscow, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in mathematical methods for quantum information and quantum control technologies.
The job involves:
- working under the supervision of Elena R. Loubenets, Professor, School of Applied Mathematics
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with collaboration with his/her supervisor
- writing research papers for international high-impact peer-reviewed journals in collaboration with the members of the Department
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Department’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
- a PhD from an international research university or degree of Candidate of science from Russian scientific organizations
- a strong background in quantum probability, quantum information, quantum theory of open systems
- ability to work in a team
- fluent English
- relevant experience is an asset although not required
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2019. Please note that direct applications to the hiring Laboratory for Microwave Devices of Telecommunication Systems may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities.
For more information about HSE, please visit:HSE Tikhonov Moscow Institute of Electronics and Mathematics (MIEM HSE) or contact professor Elena R. Loubenets directly.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.