The Vision Modelling Laboratory (VML)
The Higher School of Economics The Vision Modelling Lab (VML) in Moscow, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of computational and deep learning models of vision, attention and eye movements.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Dr. Joseph MacInnes
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on VML research projects in 2 broad broad areas:
o Eye movements and attention: Theoretical contributions to the understanding of how the oculotor and attention systems interact. Opportunities are available for collaborations with EEG and TMS labs.
o Models of salience and saccadic generation. Techniques include Deep learning (DLNNs), adversarial networks, diffusion models and spiking networks.
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of VML
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Lab’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
VML offers access to Eye tracking equipment, workshops on eye tracking and computational modelling.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: Computer Science, cognitive science, psychology or Neuroscience
- a strong background matlab, python, eye tracking (designing and analyzing experiments, particularly eyelink 1000), machine learning
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English
- relevant experience is an asset although not required
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to email@example.com by February 15, 2019. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.