Postdoctoral Fellow in Sports Economics / Operations Research in Sports
Laboratory of Sports Studies
Laboratory of Sports Studies in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of Sports Economics / Operations Research in Sports.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Economics or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Candidates should have a strong background in applied mathematics, game theory, operations research, computer science, or related fields, ability to conduct independent research as well as collaborate with the members of the Laboratory. It is expected that the candidate is familiar with the principles of some of the most popular sports. For example, the ability to model a penalty kick with a two-person simultaneous game is highly desirable, whereas it is not required to know who is Magnus Carlsen or Maria Lasitskene.
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
- Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Dr. Dmitry Dagaev;
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working on Laboratory of Sports Studies research projects such as:
o Scheduling the Russian Premier-League;
o Optimization of Referee Assignments;
o Estimation of in-game strategies
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Laboratory of Sports Studies;
- participation in the events of the Laboratory of Sports Studies and other contribution to the Laboratory’s development;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have high opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times) in case of outstanding performance.
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
The Laboratory of Sports Studies offers access to its databases.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via the online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiringLaboratory of Sports Studies may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is January 31, 2022.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship -Frequently Asked Questions;
- about HSE university –official web-site;
- about the Laboratory of Sports Studies– official web-site of the Laboratory of Sports Studies or contact Dmitry Dagaev email@example.com directly;
- about international specialists' life in Moscow -International Faculty Support.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Выделите её, нажмите Ctrl+Enter и отправьте нам уведомление. Спасибо за участие!
Сервис предназначен только для отправки сообщений об орфографических и пунктуационных ошибках.