Postdoctoral Fellow in Algebraic Transformation Groups
Laboratory on Algebraic Transformation Groups
Laboratory on Algebraic Transformation Groups in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of algebraic transformation groups.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
● Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of mathematics or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
● Candidates should have a strong background in algebraic geometry and commutative algebra, algebraic group theory, theory of Lie groups and algebras, representation theory, and theory of invariants.
● The laboratory works with problems concerning structure theory of algebraic groups and Lie algebras, automorphism groups of affine varieties, toric varieties, flag varieties, Cox rings of algebraic varieties, and locally nilpotent derivations of graded rings. The results in these or relative fields are welcome.
● Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
● Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
● working under the direct supervision of Ivan Arzhantsev;
● participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working on Laboratory on Algebraic Transformation Groups research directions such as:
o automorphism groups of algebraic varieties
o algebraic homogeneous spaces and embeddings
o varieties with torus actions and graded algebras
o locally nilpotent derivations
o Cox rings and their applications
● writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Lab;
● participation in the events of the Lab and other contribution to the Lab’s development;
● public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
● some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have high opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times) in case of outstanding performance.
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan; a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via the online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is January 31, 2023
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship -Frequently Asked Questions;
- about HSE university –official web-site;
- about the Laboratory on Algebraic Transformation Groups – official web-site of the Laboratory or contact Ivan Arzhantsev directly (email@example.com);
- about international specialists' life in Moscow -International Faculty Support.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Выделите её, нажмите Ctrl+Enter и отправьте нам уведомление. Спасибо за участие!
Сервис предназначен только для отправки сообщений об орфографических и пунктуационных ошибках.