Assistant Professor in Political Science
The Faculty of Social Sciences of the Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russia invites applications for full-time, tenure-track positions of Assistant Professor in Political Science and related fields.
The general requirements for the tenure track positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in Political Science or related field, which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Priority will be given to candidates with the demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate and graduate-level methods courses (either computational / data analytics or qualitative);
- Teaching experience at leading foreign universities is desirable;
- Knowledge of Russian is not required as research and teaching are both conducted in English. Therefore, fluent English is obligatory;
The successful candidate is expected to conduct high-quality research publishable in reputable peer-reviewed journals and be willing to contribute to further development of the university through departmental and university service commensurable with the candidate’s qualifications.
Tenure track positions are only available on a full-time, residential basis.
Overall, appointments are usually made for an initial three-year period (starting September 2023) and, upon successful completion of an interim review, contracts are normally extended for a further three years until the tenure review.
HSE University provides excellent opportunities for international faculty. For instance, we can offer a competitive salary (indexed to inflation annually and subject to a 13% flat income tax), health insurance, travel support, research support and other benefits. Since there is a key focus on generating high quality research, the teaching load of newly hired faculty is low. All individual terms of employment will be reflected in the offer letter.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via an online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the Review Committee at International Faculty Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is January 31, 2023
For more information:
- about Tenure Track recruitment - Frequently Asked Questions;
- about HSE university – official web-site;
- about the Faculty of Social Sciences – official web-site of the Faculty;
- about international specialists' life in Moscow - International Faculty Support .
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com.
Выделите её, нажмите Ctrl+Enter и отправьте нам уведомление. Спасибо за участие!
Сервис предназначен только для отправки сообщений об орфографических и пунктуационных ошибках.