Assistant Professor in Computer Science
Faculty of Computer Science
Higher School of Economics
The Faculty of Computer Science of the HSE University in Moscow, Russia invites applications for full-time, tenure-track positions of Assistant Professor in all areas of computer science including but not limited to artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer vision, programming language theory, software engineering, system programming, algorithms, computation complexity, distributed and parallel computation, bioinformatics, human-computer interaction, and robotics.
The general requirements for the tenure track positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in computer science, mathematics or related fields, which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Teaching experience at leading foreign universities is desirable;
- Knowledge of Russian is not required as research and teaching are both conducted in English. Therefore, fluent English is obligatory.
The successful candidate is expected to conduct high-quality research publishable in reputable peer-reviewed journals with research support provided by the University.
Tenure track positions are only available on a full-time, residential basis.
Overall, appointments are usually made for an initial three-year period (starting September 2022) and, upon successful completion of an interim review, contracts are normally extended for a further three years until the tenure review.
HSE University provides excellent opportunities for international faculty. For instance, we can offer a competitive salary (indexed to inflation annually and subject to a 13% flat income tax), health insurance, travel support, research support and other benefits. Since there is a key focus on generating high quality research, the teaching load of newly hired faculty is low. All individual terms of employment will be reflected in the offer letter.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via an online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the Review Committee at International Faculty Recruitment at email@example.com before the application deadline.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is January 9, 2022
For more information:
- about Tenure Track recruitment - Frequently Asked Questions;
- about HSE university – official web-site;
- about the Faculty of Computer Science – official web-site of the Faculty;
- about international specialists' life in Moscow - International Faculty Support page.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Выделите её, нажмите Ctrl+Enter и отправьте нам уведомление. Спасибо за участие!
Сервис предназначен только для отправки сообщений об орфографических и пунктуационных ошибках.