Postdoctoral Fellow in the Centre for Cognition & Decision Making (CDM)
Centre for Cognition & Decision Making (CDM)
Centre for Cognition & Decision Making (CDM) invites applications for postdoctoral research position in cognitive neuroscience and decision making neuroeconomics with the focus on multichannel EEG research
The position involves:
● working under the direct supervision of Anna Shestakova in the close collaboration with PIs of other CDM groups;
● participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along the group’s research lines such as (but not limited to):
o Decision making
o Normal and pathological development of cognitive function in the human brain;
● managing EEG laboratory of CDM [https://www.hse.ru/en/cdm-centre/eeg/]: this includes collaborating with the CDM engineer, patronizing laboratory assistants, representing EEG lab at meeting etc.
● running hands-on training in EEG;
● some teaching in the English-speaking Master’s programme is encouraged, though not required;
● writing and publishing research papers in international peer-reviewed journals in collaboration with group members;
● participation in CDM events and other contributions to CDM development;
● public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of neuroscience, psychology, medicine, physics, biology or applied mathematics or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Candidates should have a background in cognitive neuroscience or decision making; and experience in multichannel EEG or EEG and more cognitive neuroscience techniques (MEG, TMS, tDCS (f)MRI, eye-tracking), including designing and running experiments, neuroimaging data analysis. Programming skills (e.g., Matlab, Python, R) are an advantage.
● relevant experience is an asset although not required.
● high motivation to conduct high-quality research publishable in quality international peer-reviewed journals.
● Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
Appointments are made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
The Lab offers access to Multichannel EEG system (128-channel EEG BRAINAMP DC), eye-tracking (Eye-tracker SMI RED), 2 TMS Magventure (MagPro X100) with neuronavigation, Transcranial Electrical Stimulation system by Enobio Starstim, EMS Brainstim, DS5 Digitimer and access to MEG (more information: Institute for Cognitive Neuroscience ).
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via an online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory/centre/department may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is January 31, 2022.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship -Frequently Asked Questions;
- about HSE university –official web-site;
- about the Institute for Cognitive Neuroscience– official web-site of the Centre for Cognition & Decision Making or contact Anna Shestakova (email@example.com);
- about international specialists' life in Moscow -International Faculty Support .
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Выделите её, нажмите Ctrl+Enter и отправьте нам уведомление. Спасибо за участие!
Сервис предназначен только для отправки сообщений об орфографических и пунктуационных ошибках.