Postdoctoral Fellow in Sociology
Center for Modern Childhood Research, Institute of Education,HSE University, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of Education.
About the Institute of Education
Institute of Education is a leading Russian think tank and center for research, training and professional networking in education with extended international partnership. Institute of Education is also a holder of unique high-quality databases on different levels of education in Russia that are gathered by its research centers and laboratories.
About the Center for Modern Childhood Research
The mission of the Center is to become a globally recognized leading center of competence in the field of modern childhood research, early development and education, adolescence, and parenting studies. In our work, we actively use the methods of computational social sciences and new data sources, such as data from social networks and other digital traces. We explore psychological well-being of adolescents and how it can be predicted based on digital traces, online behavior of children, modern parenting cultures, children’s agency and self-directed learning, parental control, gender inequality, and new forms of inequality associated with parenting practices. We have a direct impact on parenting and childhood policies.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD degree in Sociology, Psychology, Demography, Anthropology, Data Science, or related fields which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE University by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- The candidate must have a strong track record of successfully doing research within the areas the Center is focusing on.
- Knowledge of Russian is not required as research and other activities are conducted in English. Therefore, fluent English is obligatory.
The position involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Elizaveta Sivak (director of the Center);
- participants are encouraged to work on research projects of the Center along with pursuing their own research. Research projects of the Center are focused on self-regulation and agency of pre-schoolers and school students (2021-2023 project), modern parenting cultures, children and adolescents well-being, effects of parental practices on children’s learning motivation and academic skills, gender inequality;
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Center;
- participation in the events of the Center and other contribution to the Center’s development;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required;
- place of work: Moscow, Russia.
Appointments are made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have high opportunity of renewal of the contract in case of outstanding performance.
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
Applications must be written in English and submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest, a publication list, and a recent research paper via an online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiringCenter may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is January 31, 2022.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship -Frequently Asked Questions ;
- about HSE university –official web-site;
- about the Center for Modern Childhood Research – official website of the Laboratory;
- Main contact person of the Center for Modern Childhood Research is: Elizaveta Sivak – director of the Center;
- about international specialists' life in Moscow -International Faculty Support .
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Выделите её, нажмите Ctrl+Enter и отправьте нам уведомление. Спасибо за участие!
Сервис предназначен только для отправки сообщений об орфографических и пунктуационных ошибках.