Postdoctoral Fellow in the field of energy and infrastructure industries
Institute of Economics and Utility Regulation
Institute of Economics and Utility Regulation in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of energy and infrastructure industries: power industry, gas industry, railways, heat supply, water, and sanitation.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
● Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of Economics or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
● Candidates should have a strong background in energy economics, econometrics, energy industries regulation, sustainable development, ability to work in team, conduct research;
● Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
● Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
● working under the direct supervision of Ilya Dolmatov, PhD in Economics, director of the Institute of Economics and Utility Regulation;
● participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working on Institute’s of Economics and Utility Regulation research projects such as:
o Energy economics and pricing
o Tariff policy
o Competition and regulation in energy markets
o Benchmarking of regulated companies
o Energy efficiency
o Sustainable energy supply of remote and isolated regions – best practices
o World, Russian and CIS countries energy low carbon development strategies
o Renewables strategies in CIS, BRICS countries
o State regulation of specific energy markets in BRICS countries
● writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Institute;
● participation in the events of the Institute of Economics and Utility Regulation and other contribution to the Institute’s development;
● public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
● some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have high opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times) in case of outstanding performance.
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan; a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
The Institute of Economics and Utility Regulation offers access to its databases, as well as International Energy Agency (IEA), On-line Electricity & Natural Gas Tariff Data Base, Russian statistics and own statistical research.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via the online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiringInstitute of Economics and Utility Regulation may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is January 31, 2023
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship -Frequently Asked Questions;
- about HSE university –official web-site;
- about the Institute of Economics and Utility Regulation – official website of the Institute or contact Anna Grokhovska firstname.lastname@example.org directly;
- about international specialists' life in Moscow -International Faculty Support.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com
Выделите её, нажмите Ctrl+Enter и отправьте нам уведомление. Спасибо за участие!
Сервис предназначен только для отправки сообщений об орфографических и пунктуационных ошибках.