Postdoctoral Fellow in Mathematical Methods for Quantum Information and Quantum Control Technologies
School of Applied Mathematics (MIEM)
The School of Applied Mathematics (MIEM, HSE University), Moscow, Russia, invites applications for the postdoctoral position in the field of Quantum Information and Quantum Control
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
● Candidates must hold a recent PhD in such fields as: applied mathematics, mathematical physics, or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
● Candidates should have a strong background in quantum information, quantum computing, quantum theory of open systems, solid knowledge of numerical methods, proved skills in scientific programming, relevant experience is an asset although not required;
● Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
● Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
● working under the direct supervision of Elena R. Loubenets, Research Professor, School of Applied Mathematics, MIEM, HSE;
● participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working on research projects at School of Applied Mathematics such as:
o Mathematical modeling of transport processes in complex physical systems, including quantum ones
● writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of School of Applied Mathematics;
● participation in the events of the School of Applied Mathematics, MIEM HSE, and other contribution to its development;
● public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
● some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have high opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times) in case of outstanding performance.
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan; a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via the online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiringdepartment may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is January 31, 2023
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship -Frequently Asked Questions;
- about HSE university –official web-site;
- about the School of Applied Mathematics – official web-site of the or contact Aleksandr Belov, firstname.lastname@example.org directly;
- about international specialists' life in Moscow -International Faculty Support .
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com
Выделите её, нажмите Ctrl+Enter и отправьте нам уведомление. Спасибо за участие!
Сервис предназначен только для отправки сообщений об орфографических и пунктуационных ошибках.