Laboratory for Quantum Nanoelectronics (LQN) (Moscow Institute of Electronics and Mathematics)
The Higher School of Economics Laboratory for Quantum Nanoelectronics (LQN) of Moscow Institute of Electronics and Mathematics, Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research position:
Noise and fluctuations in superconducting nanoelectronic devices
When the size of elements of superconducting nanoelectronics if sufficiently small, the noise and nonequilibrium effects begin to play an essential role. For example, one of the main problems facing solid state quantum circuits, including those based on the superconductors is the dephasing of quantum states due the low-frequency, typically 1/f noise. It is therefore interesting to look at possible solutions to the problem of the low-frequency dephasing. The present project is focused on study of quantum nonequilibrium and fluctuation phenomena in superconducting structures of nano- and mesoscopic scales and to applications to qubits and superconducting quantum circuits. Although the planned activity is theoretical, close contact with experimental group of Prof. K.Yu. Arutyunov is sought.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Assoc. Prof. A.S. Vasenko
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on LQN research projects in two broad areas:
o Noise and fluctuation statistic in various superconducting quantum devices
o Low-frequency noise in superconducting quantum circuits
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Laboratory of Quantum Nanoelectronics, MIEM
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Laboratory of Quantum Nanoelectronics development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: Quantum physics, Condensed matter physics, Theoretical physics
- a strong background in theoretical quantum physics, condensed matter or mesoscopic physics
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English
- relevant experience is an asset although not required
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to email@example.com by February 15, 2019. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities.
For more information about HSE, please visit: please visit our university site: HSE Tikhonov Moscow Institute of Electronics and Mathematics (MIEM HSE) or contact Assoc. Prof. Andrey Vasenko [firstname.lastname@example.org] directly.
Выделите её, нажмите Ctrl+Enter и отправьте нам уведомление. Спасибо за участие!
Сервис предназначен только для отправки сообщений об орфографических и пунктуационных ошибках.