Laboratory for the BRICS Competition Law and Policy Centre (HSE-Skolkovo Institute for Law and Development)
The Higher School of Economics Laboratory for the BRICS Competition Law and Policy Centre of the HSE-Skolkovo Institute for Law and Development in Moscow Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of law, /or economics with interests in public policy and regulation/competition law.
The job involves.
- working under the direct supervision of Ioannis Lianos, the Chief Researcher of the BRICS Competition Law and Policy Centre and Alexey Ivanov, the Director of the HSE-Skolkovo Institute for Law and Development participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on the BRICS Competition Law and Policy Centre research projects in enforcement of competition law and competition policy in the digital economy in the BRICS’s countries. The researchers will join a multi-jurisdictional team that will monitor current as well as emerging issues and opportunities in the digital economy, in particular paying attention to developments in policy and regulatory approaches all over the BRICS’s countries in this area. This will involve not only focusing on the use of the competition law tools, narrowly defined, but also the development of different forms of regulation of digital platforms, infomediaries and other actors involved in the digital economy;
- data analysis;
- preparation of posts for the website of the research project;
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the BRICS Competition Law and Policy Centre;
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Centre’s development;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
The BRICS Competition Law and Policy Centre offers access to scholars’ data bases of HSE.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: public policy and regulation/competition law, with relevant experience in digital economy and interest for research. Experience of working in one of the BRICS jurisdictions is an advantage;
- a strong background in competition law (or competition economics). The work involves exploring in detail the enforcement of competition law and competition policy in the digital economy in the BRICS’s countries/ Candidates should have knowledge and/or expertise in competition law and policy in the digital economy;
- ability to work in a team;
- fluent English;
- relevant experience is an asset although not required.
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2019. Please note that direct applications to the hiring the BRICS Competition Law and Policy Centre may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities.
Выделите её, нажмите Ctrl+Enter и отправьте нам уведомление. Спасибо за участие!
Сервис предназначен только для отправки сообщений об орфографических и пунктуационных ошибках.