Postdoctoral Fellow in Sociology
The Higher School of Economics Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of Sociology and Labor Market Studies of highly qualified R&D personnel (theories, models, implementation of empirical studies).
About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, while also being recognized globally.
For instance, we were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centres and over 30 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of Sociology or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Candidates should have a strong background in sociology of science, labor market and human capital studies (i.e. studies of the precariousness of non-standard employment); experience in statistical, sociological and expert research, and good analytical skills; ability to conduct research, and to work in team.
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
- Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Dr. Natalia Shmatko, Head of Department for Human Capital Research, Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge;
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working on Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge research projects such as:
- Reproduction of S&T human resources: education, attraction and retention of highly qualified personnel
- Research of the efficiency of innovation generation processes: resources and factors
- Analysis of "portfolios of scientific and technical competencies" as a resource for innovative activities of organizations;
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge;
- participation in the events of the Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge and other contribution to the Institute’s development;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
- Appointments are normally made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
- HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan; a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
- The Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge offers access to its databases and analytical software, as well as to the empirical results of monitoring surveys conducting during Postdoctoral Contract.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via the online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring department may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is February 14, 2021.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship - Frequently Asked Questions
- about HSE university – official web-site
- about the Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge – official web-site https://issek.hse.ru/en/, and https://www.hse.ru/en/monitoring/mnk/ or contact Dr. Natalia Shmatko or Ms. Olga Maximova, Manager at ISSEK, directly
- about international specialists' life in Moscow - International Faculty Support page
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.