Assistant/Associate Professor in Cognitive Neuroscience
Higher School of Economics
The Institute for Cognitive Neuroscience in Moscow of the Higher School of Economics, Russia invites applications for full-time, tenure-track positions of Assistant/Associate Professor in Cognitive Neuroscience and related fields.
The general requirements for the tenure track positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in psychology, neuroscience, medicine, physics, applied mathematics, computer science, engineering, signal processing, machine learning, computational neurobiology, neural dynamics, computational neuroeconomics, computational psychiatry or related areas, which was awarded by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Candidates are expected to have solid research experience, strong publication record and a proven ability to attract external funding;
- Experience in supervising PhD and Master dissertations is highly desirable;
- Teaching experience at leading foreign universities is desirable;
- The successful candidate is expected to conduct high-quality research publishable in reputable peer-reviewed journals with research support provided by the University and to supervise MSc/PhD students. The candidate is expected to show ability to structure, initiate and lead an independent research program. Track record of successful funding is desirable.
- Knowledge of psychology, cognitive sciences, biology, neurosciences, linguistics will be an advantage and ability to work with data and in an inter-disciplinary environment is highly desirable. Relevant experience with cognitive neuroscience methods(e.g.,multi-channel EEG, MEG, TMS, tDCS, fMRI, eye-tracking, behavioral experimentation),including designing and running experiments, neuroimaging/statistical data analysis, programming in Matlab, Python and R, excellent communication and team-working skills, enthusiasm and great commitment to research will be an advantage.
Tenure track positions are only available on a full-time, residential basis.
Overall, appointments are usually made for an initial three-year period (starting September 2022) and, upon successful completion of an interim review, contracts are normally extended for a further three years until the tenure review.
HSE University provides excellent opportunities for international faculty. For instance, we can offer a competitive salary (indexed to inflation annually and subject to a 13% flat income tax), health insurance, travel support, research support and other benefits. Since there is a key focus on generating high quality research, the teaching load of newly hired faculty is low. All individual terms of employment will be reflected in the offer letter.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via an online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the Review Committee at International Faculty Recruitment at email@example.com before the application deadline.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is January 9, 2022
For more information:
● about Tenure Track recruitment - Frequently Asked Questions;
● about HSE university - official web-site;
● about the Institute for Cognitive Neuroscience - https://neuro.hse.ru/en/;
● about international specialists' life in Moscow - International Faculty Support.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Выделите её, нажмите Ctrl+Enter и отправьте нам уведомление. Спасибо за участие!
Сервис предназначен только для отправки сообщений об орфографических и пунктуационных ошибках.