Assistant Professor in Education
The Institute of Education in Moscow of the Higher School of Economics, Russia invites applications for full-time, tenure-track positions of Assistant Professor in Education and related fields.
About the Institute of Education
Institute of Education is a leading Russian think tank and center for research, training, and professional networking in education with extended international partnership. Institute of Education is also a holder of unique high-quality databases on different levels of education in Russia that are gathered by its research centers and laboratories.
The general requirements for the tenure track positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field Education, Economics, Sociology, Psychology or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Teaching experience at leading foreign universities is desirable;
- Experience in preparing publications in WoS Q1-Q2 journals
- Skills in working with statistical software Stata and/or R, Python is a plus
- Knowledge of Russian is not required as research and teaching are both conducted in English. Therefore, fluent English is obligatory.
The successful candidate is expected to conduct high-quality research publishable in reputable peer-reviewed journals with research support provided by the University.
Participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working on Institute’s research projects in following areas:
o The role of EdTech in the quality of education and students' academic achievements.
o Results of teachers' and students' interactions with EdTech: factors of engagement, technostress, dropout, educational trajectories, etc.
o Lifelong learning in an online environment.
o Human behavior during online learning.
o Inequality in online learning (learning poverty, digital divide, gender gap, benefits for different groups of students, etc).
o Сritical thinking and/or creativity, practices that foster creativity and critical thinking in school or higher education; teacher/adult education in the field of creativity and critical thinking (including professional learning communities)
o and more.
Tenure track positions are only available on a full-time, residential basis.
Overall, appointments are usually made for an initial three-year period (starting September 2023) and, upon successful completion of an interim review, contracts are normally extended for a further three years until the tenure review.
HSE University provides excellent opportunities for international faculty. For instance, we can offer a competitive salary (indexed to inflation annually and subject to a 13% flat income tax), health insurance, travel support, research support and other benefits. Since there is a key focus on generating high quality research, the teaching load of newly hired faculty is low. All individual terms of employment will be reflected in the offer letter.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via an online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the Review Committee at International Faculty Recruitment at email@example.com before the application deadline.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is January 31, 2023
For more information:
- about Tenure Track recruitment - Frequently Asked Questions;
- about HSE university – official web-site;
- about the Institute of Education;
- about international specialists' life in Moscow - International Faculty Support page.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Выделите её, нажмите Ctrl+Enter и отправьте нам уведомление. Спасибо за участие!
Сервис предназначен только для отправки сообщений об орфографических и пунктуационных ошибках.