Postdoctoral Fellow in Clinical Linguistics
The Center for Language and Brain at the Higher School of Economics in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for a postdoctoral research position in the field of Clinical Linguistics.
About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, while also being recognized globally.
For instance, we were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centres and over 30 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
The position involves:
- Working under the direct supervision of the Director of the Center for Language and Brain, Dr. Olga Dragoy, and its Academic Supervisor Dr. Roelien Bastiaanse;
- Carrying out own research, along with working on research projects of the Center for Language and Brain, in the area of:
- Grey- and white-matter neural correlates of language deficits and language recovery in post-stroke aphasia.
- Writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with members of the Centre;
- Public presentations of the candidate’s research to the academic community;
- Participating in organization of the events of the Centre and other contributions to the development of the Centre;
- Some teaching and student supervision is encouraged, though not required.
The requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship position are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in Communication Disorders, Speech-Language Pathology, Linguistics, Psychology, Neuroscience, Computer Science or related fields, awarded over the last 5 years (or to be received before starting work at HSE) by an internationally recognized university.
- Candidates should have:
- Working experience with clinical populations, preferably with people with post-stroke aphasia;
- A strong background in neuroimaging methods, including voxel-based lesion-symptom mapping (including manual lesion delineation) and diffusion-based tractography;
- Ability to work in a team;
- The potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals.
- Fluent English is mandatory, as research activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is an asset, as the position involves data collection in clinical facilities in Moscow.
- Appointments are normally made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
- HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, a standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and Internet access at the University.
- The Center for Language and Brain offers access to various healthy (children, young and aging adults, bilingual speakers) and clinical populations (including patients with aphasia, epilepsy, and brain tumors) and equipment (128-channel scalp EEG, intracranial EEG, 1.5T and 3T MRI scanners, high-speed eye-tracker, TMS, tDCS and tACS), available at HSE or through clinical partners.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via the online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring Centre may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is February 14, 2021.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship - Frequently Asked Questions
- about HSE university – official web-site
- about the Center for Language and Brain – official web-site of the Centre or contact Dr. Olga Dragoy directly
- about international specialists' life in Moscow - International Faculty Support page
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.