Postdoctoral Fellow in Cognitive Neuroscience
Cognitive Control, Communication and Perception Group
Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience
The Higher School of Economics Centre for Cognition & Decision Making of the Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of Bilingualism at the Cognitive Control, Communication and Perception Group.
About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, while also being recognized globally.
For instance, we were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centres and over 30 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in Cognitive Science, Psychology, Neuroscience, Linguistics or related fields, awarded over the last 5 years (or to be received before starting work at HSE) by an internationally recognized university.
- A strong background in Bilingualism-centric research and demonstrable prior experience in implementing Functional and Structural MR neuroimaging methods and analysis to investigate bilingualism-centric research questions and themes.
- Demonstrated ability and high motivation to conduct high-quality research publishable in quality international peer-reviewed journals
- Ability to work in a team
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
The position involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Prof. Yury Shtyrov and Prof. Andriy Myachykov
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research projects related to the neurocognitive basis of Bilingualism
The Centre particularly encourage publishing results in international peer-reviewed journals, public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community as well as teaching and other forms of scientific contribution to the Group and the Centre’s development. At the end of the contract there is a possibility to apply for a tenure-track position at HSE.
Appointments are normally made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
The School offers access to its databases and analytical software, as well as to the computing cluster based on high-performance computers.
For more information about HSE, please visit: Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience or contact Yury Shtyrov or Andriy Myachykov directly.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via an online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring department may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is February 9, 2020.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship - Frequently Asked Questions
- about HSE university – official web-site
- about the Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience – visit official web-site or contact Yury Shtyrov or Andriy Myachykov directly
- about international specialists' life in Moscow - International Faculty Support page
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.