Postdoctoral Fellow in Cognitive Neuroscience
The Cognitive Control, Communication and Perception Group at the Centre for Cognition & Decision Making (CCDM), HSE Institute for Cognitive Neuroscience, Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of cognitive neuroscience of language and speech.
About HSE University
HSE University is a young, dynamic and fast-growing international research university in the center of Moscow, the capital of Russia and the biggest city in Europe. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, and is recognized globally. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centres and over 50 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world. HSE Institute for Cognitive Neuroscience houses a number of interdisciplinary research groups and provides excellent research infrastructure, stimulating international research environment and ample resources for ambitious researchers. Moscow is an international multiethnic and multicultural metropolis with rich cultural life, excellent public services, exciting restaurant scene and many diverse opportunities.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD from an intentionally recognized university in the field of psychology, neuroscience, physics, applied mathematics, computer science or engineering or related areas, awarded no longer than 5 years ago and received before starting work at HSE.
- Candidates should have a strong background in neuroscience, experience in one or more cognitive neuroscience techniques (MEG/EEG, TMS, tACS, tDCS (f)MRI, eye-tracking), including designing and running experiments, neuroimaging data analysis, programming in Matlab, Python and R is an advantage, ability to work in international teams.
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
- Other relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Prof. Shtyrov and Prof. Myachykov;
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along the group’s research lines such as (but not limited to):
- Language-cognition interface in sentence production
- Neural dynamics of spoken and written language comprehension
- Embodied representations of language, magnitude and number
- Communicative behavior
- Multimodal neuroimaging of language learning
- Bilingualism, multilingualism, language attrition
- Language neurotechnology and language deficits
- writing and publishing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of CCDM;
- participation in the events of the CCDM and other contribution to the CCDM development;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are made initially for one year and are extendable for up to 3 years in total.
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
CCDM offers access to its EEG, MEG, fMRI, nTMS, behavioral and eye tracker labs.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via an online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the CDM may not be reviewed.
The deadline for the applications is February 14, 2021.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship - Frequently Asked Questions
- about HSE university – official web-site
- about the CCDM – official web-site or contact deputy director Victoria Moiseeva directly
- about international specialists' life in Moscow - International Faculty Support page
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.