Postdoctoral Fellow in Condensed-Matter Physics
The Condensed-Matter Physics Laboratory, HSE, Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of condensed-matter physics.
The position involves:
- joining one of the research groups in the laboratory;
- the researcher is encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on a research project of the Laboratory in the following areas:
- condensed-matter theory;
- experimental low-temperature physics and nanophysics;
- hydrodynamics and theory of turbulence;
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals;
- participation in organization of the events and other contributions to the lab’s development;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
- a PhD degree (or equivalent, incl. the degree of Candidate of Sciences) in physics from a research university, normally within the last 5 years;
- established research record in condensed-matter physics;
- for experimentalists experience in the following areas is desirable: ARPES, nanofabrication, low and ultra-low temperatures, graphene, topological insulators, RF-measurements; you may contact the Laboratory for more information;
- fluent English
General conditions for Postdoctoral Research positions can be found here. HSE offers a competitive salary and a standard medical insurance plan. The appointment is normally made for one year starting in September 2020 with the possibility of extension.
CV with a publication list and a research statement (indicate, which research direction you are interested in) should be submitted via the online application form. The applicants should also arrange for two reference letters to be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline. Please, note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
The deadline for the applications is February 9, 2020.
HSE University is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities.
Condensed-Matter Physics laboratory was established in 2016 and conducts research in theoretical and experimental condensed-matter physics in close collaboration with researchers from such academic institutions as the Landau Institute for theoretical physics, Kapitza Institute for physical problems, Institute for solid-state physics, Institute of spectroscopy, Lebedev Physical Institute. For more information about our research activities and staff members, visit the web-site of the lab (where you can also find our contact details for specific questions concerning this announcement).
For more information:
- about the Postdoctoral Fellowship - Frequently Asked Questions
- about HSE university – official web-site
- about the Condensed-Matter Physics Laboratory – cmp.hse.ru
- about international specialists' life in Moscow - International Faculty Support page
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.