Postdoctoral Fellow in Digital Transformation in Education
The Higher School of Economics Centre for Skills Development and Vocational Education in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of digital technologies in education, development of intelligent tutoring and adaptive e-learning systems for upper secondary and vocational schools.
About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, while also being recognized globally.
For instance, we were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centers and over 30 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of Educational Sciences, Computer Science or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Candidates should have a strong background in the field of digital technologies in education and development of intelligent and/or adaptive learning systems, including analysis of the role of artificial intelligence in teaching and learning; design and implementation of digital transformation in general and vocational education; development and implementation of ontology-based adaptive learning systems; and ability to work in research groups in the projects dealing with adaptive learning systems, to analyze domain-specific ontology based on OWL, Protégé.
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
- Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
- working under the direct supervision of F.F. Dudyrev, Head of the Centre for Skills Development and Vocational Education at the Institute of Education HSE;
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working on Centre for Skills Development and Vocational Education’s research projects such as:
- Cognitive Scaffolding within Computer-Supported Adaptive Learning Environment;
- Intelligent Virtual Reality Tutoring Systems as a New Generation of Simulators;
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the centre;
- participation in the events of the Centre for Skills Development and Vocational Education and other contribution to the Centre’s development;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are normally made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
The Centre offers access to the Microsoft Office 365 collaborative environment, computational resources, analytical software and datasets of educational data.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via an online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring center may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is February 9, 2020.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship – Frequently Asked Questions;
- about HSE university – official web-site;
- about the Centre for Skills Development and Vocational Education – visit official web-site of the Centre or contact F.F. Dudyrev directly;
- about international specialists' life in Moscow – International Faculty Support page.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.