Postdoctoral Fellow in Economics
The Higher School of Economics Policy and Innovation Impact Laboratory in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions with a background in economics.
We are looking for a specialist with an academic background in economics and with a passion for applied quantitative research. We welcome candidates with strong analytical skills, especially those that have worked with Stata and R.
About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, while also being recognized globally.
For instance, we were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes, centers, and over 30 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
About Policy and Innovation Impact Laboratory
The Laboratory is a team of experienced scholars who provide a basis for evidence-based education policy in Russia and other countries. The Laboratory collaborates widely with third-party organizations (governments, corporations, non-profits, research institutes) to evaluate policies, programs, and innovations in education (for example in EdTech). It focuses on high-quality large-scale survey data collection as well as large-scale randomized trials and quasi-experiments.
Our research partners include Stanford’s Center for Education Policy Analysis, Harvard’s Center for Education Policy Research, and the Center for Benefit-Cost Studies of Education at Teachers College, Columbia University.
The role of the Laboratory is to help decision-makers in education to improve and equalize students’ educational outcomes.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of economics or quantitative social science or related area from an internationally recognized university and which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE ;
- Candidates should have a strong background in economics or quantitative social science research and ability to work in research groups.
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
- Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
- Working under the direct supervision of Professor Prashant Loyalka, Laboratory Director, PhD on various research projects related to evaluating education policy and innovation.
- Writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of Laboratory;
- Participating in the events of the Laboratory and other contribution to the Lab’s development;
- Giving research presentations to the academic community;
- Teaching is encouraged, but not required.
Appointments are normally made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
The Centre offers access to the Microsoft Office 365 collaborative environment, computational resources, analytical software and datasets of educational data.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via an online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring International Policy and Innovation Impact Laboratory may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is February 9, 2020.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship – Frequently Asked Questions;
- about HSE university – official web-site;
- about the International Laboratory for Evaluation of Practices and Innovations in Education – official web-site of the Laboratory;
- about international specialists' life in Moscow – International Faculty Support page.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.