Postdoctoral Fellow in Banking and Household Finance
Center for Institutional Studies (CInSt)
Center for Institutional Studies in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of Empirical Banking and Household Finance.
About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, while also being recognized globally.
For instance, we were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centres and over 50 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of Economics, Banking, Finance or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university;
- Candidates should have a strong background in Economics, Econometrics, Banking, Finance or Household Finance, interest in applied empirical research in the mentioned fields accompanied by (a) clear research project proposal(s), as well as the ability to work in a team and on his/her own research projects,
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
- Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Maria Semenova, Senior Research Fellow at CInSt, HSE, and Associate Professor at the School of Finance, HSE.
- participants are encouraged to pursue the research on topic(s) within at least one of the following broad areas:
- The influence of institutional diversity and institutional and regulatory change on banks’ stability, profitability and other outcomes: cross-country analysis;
- Banking in Russia;
- Households’ financial strategies in emerging economies
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the CInSt;
- participation in the events of the CInSt and other contribution to the CInSt development;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged.
- Appointments are made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
- HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
- The CInSt offers the access to its databases covering Russian banks’ financial statements (Mobile database) as well as Russian household longitudinal surveys (e.g. RLMS-HSE).
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via an online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring center may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is February 14, 2021.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship – Frequently Asked Questions
- about HSE university – official web-site
- about the Center – official web-site of the Center for Institutional Studies or contact Maria Semenova directly
- about international specialists' life in Moscow – International Faculty Support page
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.