Postdoctoral Fellow in the field of International Relations
The Higher School of Economics, School of International Affairs in Moscow, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of International Relations.
About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, while also being recognized globally.
For instance, we were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centres and over 30 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field as International Relations and Politics; International Journalism; Media, Communication and Culture; International Conflict Analysis; Political Economy Research; International Economics; International Business
- or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals
- Candidates should have a strong background in International Relations Theory and History, International Communication or International Economics
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
- At least one (1) year of teaching experience
The position involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Professor Alexander Lukin, head of the School of International Affairs;
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on the School of International Affairs’ research projects in seven broad areas:
- International Conflict Studies
- International Political Economy
- International Trade Policy
- International Marketing
- Business in Modern Asia
- Media and Foreign Policy
- Media, Culture and Society
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals and contributing to collective volumes published by the research team of the School
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the School’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in a relevant field and the broader academic community at academic conferences and seminars
- teaching undergraduate and graduate-level courses in a relevant field of study.
Appointments are normally made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
The School offers access to its research resources.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via the online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring school may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is February 14, 2021.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship - Frequently Asked Questions
- about HSE university – official web-site
- about the School of International Affairs – official web-site of the School or contact Dmitrii Novikov, Deputy Head of the School directly
- about international specialists' life in Moscow - International Faculty Support page
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.