Postdoctoral Fellow in Linguistics
Linguistic Convergence Laboratory, HSE, in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of language contact; language corpora; typology; sociolinguistics; languages of the Caucasus; languages of Russia.
About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, while also being recognized globally.
We were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centres and over 30 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are as follows:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in such fields as linguistics; linguistic typology; Slavic languages; Turkic languages; research involving statistical analysis of language data; computer science or related areas; the PhD should be awarded by an internationally recognized university not earlier than 5 years prior to the employment by HSE University;
- Candidates should have ability to work in team;
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and all other activities are conducted in English; knowledge of Russian is not required;
- Visible publications in the field are a desideratum.
The position description:
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on Linguistic Convergence Laboratory research projects in the field of language contact; language variation; functional typology; instrumental phonetics; and corpus linguistics;
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Lab;
- participation in field research (not required);
- participating in organization of academic events and otherwise contributing to increasing the Lab’s visibility;
- presentations of the successful candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and to the academic community broadly speaking;
- teaching courses of expertise to HSE students is welcome, although not required.
The Lab offers access to its databases and electronic resources, provides the postdoc with working desk in the office Lab.
Appointments are normally made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity to renew the contract (no more than two times).
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, standard medical insurance benefits, a working space equipped with a computer.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via an online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the laboratory may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is February 14, 2021.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship - Frequently Asked Questions
- about HSE university – official web-site
- about the Linguistic Convergence Laboratory – official web-site of the Laboratory or contact Nina Dobrushina directly
- about international specialists' life in Moscow - International Faculty Support page
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.