Postdoctoral Fellow in Mathematics
The HSE University Faculty of Mathematics (FM), invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in Mathematics and Mathematical Physics.
About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, while also being recognized globally.
For instance, we were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centres and over 30 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
About the HSE Faculty of Mathematics
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities. The Faculty of Mathematics was opened in 2008. Since then, it has become a leading place in Russia for attracting researchers in Mathematics and mathematical students. The Faculty has Bachelors, Masters and Ph.D. programs in Mathematics. It collaborates with the Steklov Mathematical Institute, the Institute for Information Transmission Problems, and the Lebedev Physical Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences (world renowned research institutes). Jointly with the Independent University of Moscow, the Faculty publishes the Moscow Mathematical Journal and runs 'Math in Moscow', a “study abroad” program for international students. Among our faculty members are distinguished researchers, including 15 invited ICM speakers; we have the best concentration in Russia of highly motivated students majoring in mathematics.
Affiliated with the Faculty of Mathematics are the following international research units:
- International Laboratory of Algebraic Geometry and its Applications
(Academic Supervisor – F.Bogomolov)
- International Laboratory of Representation Theory and Mathematical Physics
(Academic Supervisor – A. Okounkov)
- International Laboratory of Mirror Symmetry and Automorphic Forms
(Academic Supervisor – L. Katzarkov)
- International Laboratory of Cluster Geometry (Academic Supervisor – M.Shapiro)
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD (or equivalent, including Russian Candidate of Science degree) in the field of Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Candidates should have a strong background in and an established research record in Mathematics or Mathematical Physics; ability to work in a team;
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
The position involves:
- joining one of our research groups within the FM in performing high-quality research – every successful candidate will be offered a position in the FM;
- pursuing independent research in Mathematics or Mathematical Physics in parallel with working on joint projects of the FM;
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals;
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the development of Moscow mathematics;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are normally made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
The FM provides a working place and offers access to all research facilities and services available to its faculty members and researchers, including computational software and library resources.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via the online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com before the application deadline.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is February 14, 2021.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship - Frequently Asked Questions
- about HSE university – official web-site
- about the Faculty of Mathematics – official web-site of the Faculty or contact Ms. Natalia Lisetskaya directly
- about international specialists' life in Moscow - International Faculty Support page
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.