Postdoctoral Fellow in Neurodynamics
About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, while also being recognized globally.
For instance, we were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centres and over 50 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of neuroscience, physiology, medicine, psychology, physics, computer science or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Relevant experience with neuroimaging methods (e.g. EEG, MEG or TMS) is an advantage;
- Ability to work in team;
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required.
The position involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Dr. Vadim Nikulin together with Dr. Maria Nazarova, Dr. Pavel Novikov, Dr. Evgeny Blagoveshchensky;
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working on the Neurodynamics Group’s research projects such as:
1) Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) in combination with EMG/EEG/ECG:
- motor mapping
- motor control
- development and application of adaptive TMS on the basis of EEG/EMG/ECG and other biological measurements reflecting functional state
2) Neuronal oscillations:
- functional significance
- synchronization and causality analysis
- relation to evoked responses
- cross-frequency neuronal interactions
- complexity analysis, criticality
- pathological neuronal dynamics in neurological (stroke, Parkinson's disease) and psychiatric (schizophrenia, depression) disorders
3) Development of the novel analytic and recording techniques for EEG/MEG
4) Brain Computer Interface and Neurofeedback
5) Investigating structural and functional factors predisposing the course and the recovery after stroke and other organic and functional pathologic conditions (such as Parkinson's disease, functional motor disorders etc.)
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Centre for Cognition & Decision Making;
- participation in the events of the Institute for Cognitive Neuroscience and other contribution to the development of the Centre for Cognition & Decision Making;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
The Centre for Cognition & Decision Making offers access to its equipment such as Multichannel electroencephalography (EEG) (BrainProducts, NeurOne), MRI-navigated Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (nTMS) (Nexstim, MagVenture + Localite), Magnetoencephalography (MEG), Transcranial Electrical Stimulation (TES) and Eye Tracking (Oculography).
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via an online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring the Neurodynamics Group, Centre for Cognition & Decision Making or Institute for Cognitive Neuroscience may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is February 14, 2021.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship - Frequently Asked Questions
- about HSE university – official web-site
- about the Centre for Cognition & Decision Making – official Centre web-site or contact . Dr. Vadim Nikulin directly
- about international specialists' life in Moscow - International Faculty Support page
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.