Postdoctoral Fellow in Neurolingistics
The Center for Language and Brain at the Higher School of Economics in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of Neurolinguistics.
About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, while also being recognized globally.
For instance, we were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centres and over 30 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
The requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship position are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in Linguistics, Psychology, Communication Disorders, Neuroscience, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or related fields, awarded over the last 5 years (or to be received before starting work at HSE) by an internationally recognized university.
- Candidates should have:
- A strong background in at least one of the following methods: EEG (ERPs, ECoG), structural and functional MRI (DTI, VBM, VLSM), non-invasive brain stimulation (TMS, tACS), eye-tracking, computational modeling;
- Ability to work in a team;
- The potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals.
- Fluent English is mandatory, as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is an asset but not required.
The position involves:
- Working under the direct supervision of the Director of the Center, Dr. Olga Dragoy, and its Academic Supervisor Dr. Roelien Bastiaanse;
- Participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working on research projects of the Center for Language and Brain in the broad areas of:
- Normal bases of language processing,
- Language acquisition,
- Language disorders;
- Writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Centre;
- Participating in organization of the events of the Centre and other contributions to the development of the Centre;
- Public presentations of the candidate’s own research to the academic community;
- Some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are normally made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
The Center for Language and Brain offers access to various healthy (children, young and aging adults, bilingual speakers) and clinical populations (including patients with aphasia, epilepsy, and brain tumors) and equipment (128-channel scalp EEG, intracranial EEG, 1.5T and 3T MRI scanners, high-speed eye-tracker, TMS, tDCS and tACS), available at HSE or through clinical partners.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via an online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring Centre may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is February 9, 2020.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship - Frequently Asked Questions
- about HSE university – official web-site
- about the Center for Language and Brain – official web-site of the Centre or contact Dr. Olga Dragoy directly
- about international specialists' life in Moscow - International Faculty Support page
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.