Banking (Center for Institutional Studies)
The Higher School of Economics Center for Institutional Studies (CInSt) in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of Banking.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Maria Semenova, Senior Research Fellow and Associate Professor at the CInSt, HSE (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- pursuing their own research in parallel with working on the CInSt research projects, both in 3 broad areas:
o Banking in Russia;
o The influence of institutional diversity and institutional change on banks’ stability, profitability and other outcomes and characteristics: cross-country analysis;
o Households’ financial strategies in emerging economies.
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the CInSt’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged.
The CInSt offers the access to its databases covering Russian banks’ financial statements (Mobile database) as well as Russian household longitudinal surveys (e.g. RLMS-HSE).
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as Economics, Banking and/or Finance by September, 2018
- PhD thesis topic and/or research interests and experience close to the fields mentioned above
- clear research proposal and research plan for the period of postdoc contract
- strong empirical skills and interest in applied empirical research;
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year and the one-year-renewal of the contract could be considered.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to email@example.com by February 15, 2019. Please note that direct applications to the hiring center may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities. For more information about HSE, please visit Center for Institutional Studies or contact Maria Semenova directly.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.