Institute of Demography
The Higher School of Economics Institute of Demography in Russia in Moscow invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of population studies (especially demographic analysis, economic demography and the influence of population changes on social economic development).
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Associate Professors Mikhail Denisenko and Vladimir Kozlov
- giving the lectures and seminars for Master students devoted to Demography, Economic demography and Ageing
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on Institute of Demography research projects in several broad areas:
o influence of demographic changes on social economic development
o demographic issues
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Institute
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Institute’s development
The Institute offers access to its databases, library and analytical software.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: population studies, economics, statistics, sociology.
- a background in advanced methods of demographic analysis and statistics.
- software R and/or Stata
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English
- the willingness to learn Russian or some skills in Russian are welcomed
- relevant experience in teaching is a required asset
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2019. Please note that direct applications to the hiring Institute may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.