Center for Institutional Studies (CInSt): Economic history
The Higher School of Economics the Center for Institutional Studies in Moscow Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of economic history with the emphasis on social mobility.
The job involves:
- Working under the direct supervision of Prof. John Nye, the International Academic Advisor and a Research Director of CInSt, and professor of economic history in George Mason University.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of different text data sets. In particular, this includes collection, digitalization, computer procession and rigorous statistical analysis of text collections available online and in Russian historical archives.
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community.
Some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
The Center offers access to the archives of selected historical data sets.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: Economics/Computer Science/Sociology.
- A good knowledge of programming and computer data base manipulation is a must.
- a strong theoretical and empirical background economics, sociology or education.
- ability to work in a team.
- fluent English.
- relevant experience is an asset although not required.
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to email@example.com by February 15, 2018. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.