Group for Applied Markets and Enterprises Studies (GAMES)
The Group for Applied Markets and Enterprises Studies (GAMES) in Perm Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of economics, marketing, neuroscience and data science. Our team is engaged in interdisciplinary research of people (consumer) behavior in different settings (markets) e.g. retail industry, computer games, arts, finance, telecommunications. Cooperation with several industrial partners allows the Group to do the research based on the on rich real data, including transaction data, to conduct field experiments and to participate in company granted projects.
The job involves:
- working on the Group’s projects with a team of highly motivated and enthusiastic researchers
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on GAMES research projects in five broad areas:
o empirical industrial organization
o marketing strategies, modelling and consumer behavior
o machine learning (subgroup discovery, features embeddings)
o medical images analysis (separate significant project)
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the group
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the groups’ development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
The group offers access to its databases, software, high-performance server capacities and business network.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: economics, marketing, operations research, psychology, neuroscience and computer science
- a strong background in theoretical and/or empirical work
- strong mathematical and computational skills
- ability to work in a team
- fluent English
- relevant experience is encouraged, though not required
General information on conditions and requirements concerning post-doctoral research positions can be found here. Usually, appointments are made for a year.
A CV and a research statement should be submitted via the online application form. Two letters of recommendation should be provided. They should be e-mailed by the referees themselves to email@example.com by February 15 , 2019. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
HSE is a liberal, dynamic and fast-growing Russian university, young but already established as a national leader in both higher education and academic research. HSE attracts the most able Russian students and provides its diverse faculty with unique teaching and research opportunities.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.