Laboratory of Computational Social Science (Institute of Education)
The Higher School of Economics Laboratory of Computational Social Science in Moscow, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of computational social science.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Ivan Smirnov;
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on Computational Social Science’s research projects in several broad areas:
o well-being in the digital age
o digital inequality
o modeling human behavior using digital trace data
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of Computational Social Science Laboratory
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Lab’s development
- participation in major field conferences (IC2S2, ICWSM)
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
The Lab offers access to its large-scale databases and collaboration with major international research groups in the field of computational social science, collaboration with institutional partners (such as UNESCO).
- a PhD from an international research university in computer science or other relevant fields,
- a strong background in quantitative data analysis, statistics, machine learning/text mining/social network analysis and ability to collect and analyze large datasets, programming in Python or/and R,
- ability to work in an interdisciplinary team,
- participation and activity in scientific community,
- fluent English
- relevant experience is an asset although not required
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2019. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.