Laboratory for Sociology of Higher Education (Institute of Education)
The Higher School of Economics Laboratory for Sociology of Higher Education in Moscow, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of higher education.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Dr. Natalia Maloshonok, director of the Centre for Sociology of Higher Education and Dr. Igor Chirikov, scientific supervisor of the Centre for Sociology of Higher Education
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on the Centre for Sociology of Higher Education research projects in four broad areas:
o Student Experience (Student Engagement, Determinants of Learning Outcomes)
o Doctoral Education (transformation of Russian doctoral education, supervisor-doctoral student relations, departmental climate, factors affecting time-to-degree and completion)
o Online Education (Dropout factors, the effectiveness of MOOCs at universities, psychological interventions effects on learning behavior and learning outcomes)
o Inequality in Higher Education
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Centre for Sociology of Higher Education
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Lab’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
The Centre for Sociology of Higher Education offers access to its cross-national and national datasets on student experience, doctoral education, online education.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: [education, sociology, psychology, economics]
- a strong background [research experience in the field of education, research publications]
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English
- relevant experience is an asset although not required
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2019. Please note that direct applications to the hiring center may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.