The Center for Language and Brain
The Center for Language and Brain at the Higher School of Economics in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of Neurobiology of Language.
The job involves:
- Working under the supervision of the Director of the Center, Dr. Olga Dragoy, and its Academic Supervisor Dr. Roelien Bastiaanse;
- Participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on research projects of the Center for Language and Brain in the broad areas of:
o Normal bases of language processing,
o Language acquisition,
o Language disorders;
- Writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with other members of the Center;
- Participation in organization of the events and other contributions to the development of the Center;
- Public presentations of the candidate’s research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community;
- Some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
The Center offers access to various healthy (children, young and aging adults, bilingual speakers) and clinical populations (including patients with aphasia, epilepsy, and brain tumors) and equipment (128-channel scalp EEG, intracranial EEG, 1.5T and 3T MRI scanners, high-speed eye-tracker, TMS, tDCS and tACS), available at HSE or through clinical partners.
- A PhD from an international research university in such fields as: Linguistics, Psychology, Communication Disorders, Neuroscience, Mathematics, Physics or Computer Science;
- A strong background in at least one of the following methods: EEG (ERPs, ECoG), structural and functional MRI (DTI, VBM, VLSM), computational modeling;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Fluent English (knowledge of Russian is an asset but not required).
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV and a research statement should be submitted directly via an online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly at email@example.com by February 15, 2019. Please note that direct applications to the hiring Center may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.