Linguistic Convergence Laboratory
The Higher School of Economics Linguistic Convergence Laboratory in Moscow, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of language contact; computer corpora; typology; sociolinguistics; languages of Caucasus; languages of Russia.
The job involves:
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on Linguistic Convergence Laboratory research projects in the areas of investigating the results of language contact in linguistic corpora, especially in the corpora of different varieties of Russian and other corpora of the languages of Russia;
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Lab;
- participation in field research (not required);
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Lab’s development;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged, although not required.
The Lab offers access to its databases and electronic resources, provides the postdoc with working desk in the office Lab.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: linguistics; linguistic typology; Slavic languages; computer science
- ability to work in a team
- fluent English
- command of Russian is valuable, although not required
- relevant experience is an asset although not required
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to email@example.com by February 15, 2019. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities. For more information about HSE, please visit Linguistic Convergence Laboratory or contact Nina Dobrushina directly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.