Centre for Medieval Studies
The Higher School of Economics Centre for Medieval Studies in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of Medieval Studies.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of professor Mikhail A. Boytsov;
- pursuing the candidates’ own research in parallel with working on the Centre for Medieval Studies’ research projects in such broad areas as:
o Political Symbolism in the Middle Ages
o Ancient Rus’ Studies
o Medieval Scandinavian Studies
o Medieval Cultural Studies
o Byzantine Studies
o Medieval Christian Archeology
o Christian Traditions in Medieval European Culture;
o Economic History of the Middle Ages and Early Modern Period;
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals individually or in co-authorship with the members of Centre;
- participation in the organization of the events and other contribution to the Centre’s development;
- participation in maintaining the Centre’s web-site;
- public presentations of the candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community;
- some teaching, though not required.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: Medieval Studies, Byzantine Studies, Medieval Economic History
- a strong background in research work in the listed fields, modern and medieval languages
- ability to work in a team
- fluent oral and written English
- relevant experience is an asset although not required
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2019. Please note that direct applications to the hiring Centre may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities.For more information, please visit: Centre for Medieval Studies or contact Maria Aleksandrova via email@example.com directly.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.