Faculty of Physics
The Faculty of Physics at the Higher School of Economics in Moscow, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of modern physics.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of M. R. Trunin (dean of the Faculty)
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on the whole scope research projects realized at the Faculty in 7 broad areas:
o Space Physics
o Optics and Photonics
o Statistical Physics
o Condensed Matter Physics
o Hydrodynamics and Plasma Physics
o Low Temperature Physics
o Computational Physics
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Faculty
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Faculty’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: High energy astrophysics, Space plasmas, Solar Physics, Condensed matter and Ultra-low temperatures
- a strong background in modern physics
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English
- relevant experience is an asset although not required
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to email@example.com by February 15, 2019. Please note that direct applications to the hiring faculty may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities. For more information about HSE, please visit our web page: Higher School of Economics, or contact Maxim Dolgonosov (mdolgonosov at hse.ru) directly. Physics
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.