Laboratory for Environmental and Technological History of the Center for Historical Research (St. Petersburg)
The Higher School of Economics Laboratory for Environmental and Technological History of the Center for Historical Research in St. Petersburg, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the fields of environmental history or environmental humanities, history of science and technology or urban history. Scholars whose interests are focused on the regions of Circumpolar North or Global South are particularly welcome to apply.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Associate Professor Julia Lajus
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on Laboratory for Environmental and Technological History research projects in :
History of natural resources
History of technology and urban history
Maritime history and heritage
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Laboratory
- participation in organization of the events, including regular seminar of the Laboratory and other contribution to the Laboratory’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required. Members of the Laboratory are especially involved in teaching at international Masters Programme “Usable Pasts”: Applied and Interdisciplinary History https://spb.hse.ru/en/ma/apphist/
The Laboratory offers access to its research resources.
- a PhD from an international research university in the field of History or Social Sciences related to environmental studies or STS (Science, Technology and Society studies)
- a strong background in mentioned above fields of studies, skills in digital humanities would be an advantage.
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English (knowledge of Russian language is not required)
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to email@example.com by February 15, 2018. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic and fast-growing research-intensive university providing unique research opportunities (Higher School of Economics, Laboratory for Environmental and Technological History).or contact Julia Lajus directly.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!