Laboratory for Environmental and Technological History of the Center for Historical Research (St. Petersburg)
The Higher School of Economics Laboratory for Environmental and Technological History of the Center for Historical Research in St. Petersburg, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of fields of environmental history (or environmental humanities) and history of science and technology.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of a Head of Laboratory, Associate Professor Julia Lajus
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on Laboratory for Environmental and Technological History research projects in 3 broad areas:
o history of expertise related to environmental problems and technological development in transnational and global perspective
o history of renewable (biotic) natural resources
o marine environmental and technological history and heritage
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of Laboratory for Environmental and Technological History
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Lab’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required. Members of the Laboratory are especially involved in teaching at international Masters Programme “Usable Pasts”: Applied and Interdisciplinary History
The Laboratory offers access to its research resources.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as History (or other Humanities) or Social Sciences related to environmental studies, history of science or STS (Science, Technology and Society studies)
- a strong background in mentioned above fields of studies, skills in digital humanities would be an advantage
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English (knowledge of Russian language is not required)
- relevant experience is an asset although not required
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
Please note that direct applications to the hiring Laboratory for Environmental and Technological History may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.