International Center for the History and Sociology of World War II and Its Consequences
The Higher School of Economics’ International Center for the History and Sociology of World War II and Its Consequences in Moscow, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the history of Stalinism and World War II.
Successful candidates will be expected to conduct research on one or several of the following topics:
Other related topics as well as topics dealing with Soviet history more broadly may be also considered. The Center particularly welcomes applications from researchers who can contribute to the Center’s ongoing project War, Power and Society in the USSR, 1930-1950s.
The job involves:
- conducting scholarly research on WWII and Stalinism-related topics in close collaboration with Oleg Budnitskii, the Center’s Director, and Michael David-Fox, the Academic advisor at the International Center for the History and Sociology of World War II and Its Consequences;
- preparing and publishing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community, including two presentations for HSE scholars, students, or a broader audience;
- providing consultations on writing scholarly papers in English to Russian colleagues and students;
- participating in the organization of scholarly events and other related activities of the Center;
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
- a PhD from an international research university in the field of Soviet or European History or other related fields,
- publication record in English or potential for producing high-quality research publications;
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English.
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year starting September 1, 2017.
A CV, research statement and two letters of recommendation should be submitted directly via by March 15, 2017. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
The HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities. For more information about HSE, please visit our web pages: Higher School of Economics, School of History, or contact the Center’s administration directly through firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!