The Cognitive Control, Communication and Perception Group (Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience)
The Higher School of Economics Laboratory for Centre for Cognition & Decision Making in Moscow, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions at The Cognitive Control, Communication and Perception Group
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Prof. Yury Shtyrov or Prof. Andriy Myachykov.
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on the Group's research projects, e.g.:
o neural dynamics of language comprehension and production
o automaticity and top-down control in communication
o sensory-motor integration in cognitive functions
o embodied cognition
o neurocognitive bases of numeracy
o interactions between domain-specific and domain-general cognitive systems
o neurobiological mechanisms of language acquisition
o studies of communication deficits (e.g. aphasia) etc.
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Centre for Cognition & Decision Making
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Lab’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
The Centre particularly encourage publishing results in international peer-reviewed journals, as well as teaching and other forms of scientific contribution to the Group and the Centre’s development. At the end of the contract there is a possibility to apply for a tenure-track position at HSE.
The Group offers access to multimodal neuroimaging facilities (brain-navigated TMS, multi-channel EGG, MEG, eye-tracking, etc.).
- a PhD in psychology, cognitive neuroscience, language sciences or related fields
- a strong background TMS and/or fMRI and/or MEG/and/or multi-channel EEG/MEG/ recordings and data analysis
- demonstrated ability and high motivation to conduct high-quality research publishable in quality international peer-reviewed journals
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English
- relevant experience is an asset although not required
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation February 15, 2019. Please note that direct applications to the hiring Centre for Cognition & Decision Making may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.