Center for Cultural Sociology and Anthropology of Education (Institute of Education)
The Higher School of Economics Center for Cultural Sociology and Anthropology of Education in Moscow, Russi invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of sociology of culture and sociology of education.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Dmitry Kurakin, Director of the Center for cultural sociology and anthropology of education
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on Center’s research projects in the following broad areas:
o role of culture, meaning and symbolic structures in educational and career choice
o career choice and career decision making
o role of culture and inequality in education in late modernity
o role of inequality and culture in career guidance
- Working within the longitudinal project “Trajectories in education and career”
- Writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals, also in co-authorship with the members of the Center
- Teaching is encouraged, though not required
- Participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the center’s development
- Public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
Center for Cultural Sociology and Anthropology of Education offers access to the data gathered within the longitudinal project “Trajectories in education and career”, as well as all the resources available to HSE employee, including thriving academic research environment.
● a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: sociology of education, cultural sociology, sociology
● a strong background in social theory, social research methodology, qualitative or quantitative methods, mixed methods research, research in education
● ability to work in a team,
● fluent English, knowledge of Russian is required if you wish to work with qualitative data
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2019. Please note that direct applications to the hiringCenter for Cultural Sociology and Anthropology of Education may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.