Center for Historical Research (St. Petersburg)
The Higher School of Economics Center for Historical Research in St. Petersburg, Russia (https://spb.hse.ru/en/humart/chr/) invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the fields of history of the Russian Empire (all areas) and comparative and global history of empires.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Professor Alexander Semyonov
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with taking part in the Center’s research projects
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed academic periodicals, contributing to edited volumes published by research teams, and completing work on the monograph
- possibility of teaching in the undergraduate and graduate programs in the field of history;
- possibility to take part in Center’s conferences and workshops, including seminar series “Boundaries of History” (https://spb.hse.ru/en/humart/history/seminar)
- participation in organization of academic events of the Center and other contribution to the development of the Center and Department of History
The Center offers access to its research resources and Richard Stites Memorial Historical Library collections.
- a Ph. D. from an international research university in the field of History
- ability to work in a team
- fluent English
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2019. Please note that direct applications to the hiring Center may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing research university in the Russian federation providing unique research opportunities.
For any other inquiries or contact Vadim Popov at email@example.com
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.